Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
twinmom86
Level 7

Setting up roku on a tv

Jump to solution

I bought a roku and hooked it to my daughters tv and I accidentally took her tv off my devices on roku.com. How do I get her roku box to reconnect to her tv?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Setting up roku on a tv

Jump to solution

@twinmom86 

Thanks for the post.

If you removed a device/TV from your Roku account, you can relink the device/TV by selecting Streaming Channels > Get Started and it will provide a link code for you to link it back to your Roku account.

In regards to the kind of remote that you have, please visit our Support page here: What type of remote control does my Roku® device use?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
twinmom86
Level 7

Jump to solution

I can not find a pairing button anywhere on the remote either 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

If there's no pairing button then it is an IR remote.  Point it at your phone's camera and press a button.  If you see a flash coming from the remote then it's an IR remote and doesn't require pairing.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@twinmom86 

Thanks for the post.

If you removed a device/TV from your Roku account, you can relink the device/TV by selecting Streaming Channels > Get Started and it will provide a link code for you to link it back to your Roku account.

In regards to the kind of remote that you have, please visit our Support page here: What type of remote control does my Roku® device use?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos