Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
twinmom86
Level 7

Setting up roku on a tv

Jump to solution

I bought a roku and hooked it to my daughters tv and I accidentally took her tv off my devices on roku.com. How do I get her roku box to reconnect to her tv?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Setting up roku on a tv

Jump to solution

@twinmom86 

Thanks for the post.

If you removed a device/TV from your Roku account, you can relink the device/TV by selecting Streaming Channels > Get Started and it will provide a link code for you to link it back to your Roku account.

In regards to the kind of remote that you have, please visit our Support page here: What type of remote control does my Roku® device use?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
twinmom86
Level 7

Jump to solution

I can not find a pairing button anywhere on the remote either 

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

Jump to solution

If there's no pairing button then it is an IR remote.  Point it at your phone's camera and press a button.  If you see a flash coming from the remote then it's an IR remote and doesn't require pairing.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@twinmom86 

Thanks for the post.

If you removed a device/TV from your Roku account, you can relink the device/TV by selecting Streaming Channels > Get Started and it will provide a link code for you to link it back to your Roku account.

In regards to the kind of remote that you have, please visit our Support page here: What type of remote control does my Roku® device use?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos