Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Setting up roku, does a system update then has you set up again just goe it to system update again

This is my 4th roku in our house I have never had an issue setting up a new one. I set up the new roku Express, it did the system update once it restarted and turned back on it makes you do the whole set up again and another system update. We have tried this about 6x and everytime it does the same thing.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Setting up roku, does a system update then has you set up again just goe it to system update aga

We are having the exact same issue and can’t get through to call customer support.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Setting up roku, does a system update then has you set up again just goe it to system update aga

@Mlee1023 @Kellyjo 

Thanks for the inquiry.

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device.

I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network or mobile hotspot.  If you are able to connect without issue, this usually indicates an issue with your network or password. In that case, you might also try changing your network password (avoid using any special characters from your wireless network password) to see if that resolves the connection issue. 

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thank you I will try that, how can I reboot it? I cant get into the setting of the rooku it wont leave the setup screen but I will also try a different wifi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Kellyjo 

Thanks for the note, I would recommend to try performing a factory reset on your device.

For more information on how to perform a factory reset on your device, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos