Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BunnyLady
Channel Surfer

Setting up new device - keeps telling me to use high speed HDMI cable

I just purchased a Roku Premiere this afternoon and I'm getting frustrated!  I have spent 5 ours trying to get the connection up.  I keep getting a screen that tells me that I need a high speed HDMI cable - I've used the one that came with the device as well as switching out with several others that I happened to have.  I've unplugged everything as the screen says 9multiple times!) as well as done a factory reboot. What else can I do?  Please help!  I'm going into TV withdrawal mode!  🙂

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Setting up new device - keeps telling me to use high speed HDMI cable

Check the HDMI port settings on your TV. If it's a 4K TV, there should be settings that are labeled UHD Color or True Color, or something along those lines. If those settings are not enabled, your Roku isn't seeing a full bandwidth HDMI connection and might think it's because of a substandard cable.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
BunnyLady
Channel Surfer

Re: Setting up new device - keeps telling me to use high speed HDMI cable

Thank you.  It's an older Samsung TV - given to me by a former employer when he upgraded. (I couldn't afford a big TV!)  I tried to see if I could change the settings but the option isn't there.  Definitely not a 4K.

0 Kudos