Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Setting up new Roku Express and Roku Account - Can't bypass RokuPay, don't want to buy anything

Jump to solution

A step in setting up a new Roku account, I am prompted to enter a credit card for Roku Pay. I do not want to purchase anything on Roku, I thought it offered free service (I already have a Netflix account, etc.)

Is it required to set up Roku Pay? If so, I am returning the unit.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Setting up new Roku Express and Roku Account - Can't bypass RokuPay, don't want to buy anything

Jump to solution
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Setting up new Roku Express and Roku Account - Can't bypass RokuPay, don't want to buy anything

Jump to solution
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11

Jump to solution

Thanks, I just followed that link. I just signed in as usual, but since I recently changed my billing for Hulu from Roku 3rd party to Hulu direct, I just noticed that there was a "remove payment method" option at the bottom of my page. Done.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

4 rokus none work have been hacked

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@wjs 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing?

When you go into Settings > System > About on your Roku device, is the Roku account information shown your account?

For further assistance with account related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos