Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WarrenB
Reel Rookie

Setting up a second ROKU in the bedroom

I just installed ROKU Premiere in my living room.  Now, I'm trying to install a second one in my bedroom but I've tried 3 times and I don't get the email with the account activation link.  Is there something different I have to do once I've already setup an account for the first ROKU?

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
MaLi415
Reel Rookie

Re: Setting up a second ROKU in the bedroom

Goid Evening,

I know that you have to pay a 1Time Fee to add other Rokus.  I have 3 Roku Devices & not sure if I had to pay to add my 2nd of 3rd Device.  [post edited]

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Do not call that number its a scam, you do not ever have to pay to active a roku!! Hopefully that post will be gone be the time you see it. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@WarrenB 

Thanks for the post.

If you are unable to obtain an activation email, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@MaLi415 

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that there is never a cost/charge to add another device to your Roku account.

For more information, visit our Support page here: How do I protect myself from activation and technical support scams?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
WarrenB
Reel Rookie

Thanks.  I got it working.

0 Kudos
MaLi415
Reel Rookie

RoKu PLS Post No Activation Fee Needed On Packaging of Your Devices When We Purchase.   I called probably 5yrs ago and I Am Pissed and Disappointed that this has been going on for 5yrs or more & Roku did not think to protect consumers.  
Kai Tae!

0 Kudos
Boysenberry
Reel Rookie

I am having the same problem.  I do not receive the code back to the tv when I send my email to Rokju.  I am trying to activate a Roku Premiere.  Also, the tv flickers so much entering the email address has been challenging but I persevered.  I hope the flickering disappears once the Roku setup is finished.   

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Boysenberry 

Thanks for the post.

I have replied to the PM that you sent me and will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Caroline77

I set up the family room also but now I'm trying to set up the bedroom and the bedroom and I can't get the remote to work the television I am on the screen where you pick your Internet provider on the screen and it won't accept what I'm pressing and I'm trying to pair the remote to the TV and that's not working either the green light just keeps blinking...

0 Kudos