Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up Roku with 2 TVs

I have purchased a Roku Express plus, my mom wanted one on her TV, so I went and bought another one. How do I set the 2nd one to her TV, without paying more for the channels that I have on my TV?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Setting up Roku with 2 TVs

For Roku channel subscriptions you can only have them on multiple rokus from the same account. For channels like Netflix, prime, and others just sign in with same credentials you used on your Roku.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

Does this mean that if I have purchased a new tv since I set up Roku on my first TV, that I need to buy another Roku express at Best Buy or another store?

thank You, June

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

If you want to use Rokus simultaneously on two TVs, then you need two Rokus.  If one TV has been retired, or you are willing to move the Roku from one TV to the other between viewing sessions, then you'll be OK with one Roku.  It's like a book.  If you want to read it in the Den and on the Patio, you can either move one around, or get two.

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@FRUSTRATED11 wrote:

Does this mean that if I have purchased a new tv since I set up Roku on my first TV, that I need to buy another Roku express at Best Buy or another store?

No. If your new Roku is linked to the same user account as the original, then any subscriptions you have through Roku will be available on the new Roku as well. As mentioned, providers that you have a direct subscription with, such as Prime Video, Netflix, etc., you can use the same credentials to log in regardless of the Roku user account. 

And to perhaps cover a different scenario, if you have an existing Roku on a TV and you replace the TV (not the Roku), you simply connect your Roku to the new TV and use it without making any further changes. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos