Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lindsey

Setting Up A New Device - Logging Into Apps

I just added some new devices to a few new tv's in my house. I connected them to my Roku account and all the channels showed up. However, it is saying that I need to log into each individual app like Hulu, Netflix, ect. Shouldn't they log in automatically from my other device already connected to the Roku account? 

7 REPLIES 7
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Setting Up A New Device - Logging Into Apps

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

Roku devices linked a single Roku account will have the same channels and purchases on each device. However, the channels must be activated separately on each Roku device.

For more information about multiple devices linked to a Roku account, visit our Support page here: Do I need a separate Roku account for each of my Roku® streaming devices?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Each device has it's own unique MAC (Media Access Control) number. Until you login/authenticate that device, the station/app doesn't know that device is authorized to receive the signal.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
jujujewels

I just setup a second device and experienced the same problem, I had to login to all my individual accounts.  What a major passion in the ass! Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if you could use a regular keyboard but you still have to lookup all the inaugural logins and passwords. I hope ROKU will come up with a meter solution to transfer ALL the settings in the future! Not happy!

Teddy123

Is there any way to do this on line, with a keyboard.    Clicking one letter at a time with arrows is seriously time consuming.    Couldn't you at least save my e-mail so I don't have to re-enter it every time?

BooF

Yes I agree. This is incredibly irritating to have to do this on screen with the remote. I have to manually do this on both TVs periodically because I am somehow logged out of certain channels.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

I use the Roku app on my phone. For most apps (but not all) it allows me to use the keyboard on my phone to type into the menus on the Roku. Try that.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Bmitch

If you use the roku app on your smart device you can use the remote within the app and it has an option for a keyboard. It makes life 10x easier.

0 Kudos