Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Set up

I already have a Roku account that we pay for monthly. I currently have it on two other Rokus. I recently got another one. The email will go to my husband's phone for activation link. He's currently not here. Is there a way I can add my email to it so I can get the link to my phone without messing up the other two and having to pay for this one seperate?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Level 21

Re: Set up

First, there is no monthly charge just to use a Roku.  If you're paying one then it's possible you've been scammed.  You can't add a second email to a Roku account.  What is the email address that shows up on each Roku when you go to Settings->System->About?  Do they match?  Is it your husband's?  Can you log in at https://my.roku.com ?

If your husband isn't available you can always create your own Roku account with your own email address temporarily until he is.  As I said, there is no charge for that.  Later when he is available you can perform a factory reset and then link it to your husband's Roku account.  If you create your own account any subscriptions you pay through Roku won't be available, but anything you subscribe to directly (like Netflix) will ask you to log in.  Any free channels will be available, but you have to add them yourself.

0 Kudos