Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CyPeters
Level 7

Set up issue

After selecting language and type in password i get Roku dancing on screen then it reverts back to language selection, after choosing it jumps to Roku symbol dancing, then reverts vack to language selection, after 3 or 4 loops stops on select wifi source and ask for password again, been doung same all over again 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Set up issue

Is your Roku device powered by plugging it into a USB port on your television? The ports on many televisions only supply 0.5 amp, which is not enough to power a Roku reliably.

It is recommended that you power your Roku device via the power adapter that came with it, plugged into your house power. If you no longer have the adapter that came with your device, you may have another one handy that can be used -- just make sure the tiny print on it confirms it has a 5 volt dc output of at least 1 amp.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
0 Kudos