Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kwagner005
Level 7

Set up Roku Premiere

When setting up my Roku Premiere, it asks for my email address and immediately I get a response that says "cannot contact your email at this time".  I have tried the following:

• a different email address
  • restart roku
  • factory reset roku
  • connect with a hotspot
  • reset the router and hotspot
  • push reset button on roku
  • get a code to activate roku (cannot get a code to appear)

I have activated numerous Roku with my current email with no issues ever. Until now. Does anyone have any suggestions?  I really do not want to return this roku for another identical roku but I am at that place.  -So Frustrated

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Set up Roku Premiere

Try it again now.  A day or two ago they were having server problems and link emails were not going out.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.

Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Roku Streaming Stick 3600
0 Kudos
Ndavisgirl
Level 7

I moved into a new house and am trying to set up my roku premier on a tv.  It turns on and their is a Home Screen but I cannot navigate on the Home Screen or scroll down to set up.  It says No Connection.  Not sure how to proceed.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Ndavisgirl 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing so we can get a better understanding of the issue?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos