Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Set up Roku Premiere

When setting up my Roku Premiere, it asks for my email address and immediately I get a response that says "cannot contact your email at this time".  I have tried the following:

• a different email address
  • restart roku
  • factory reset roku
  • connect with a hotspot
  • reset the router and hotspot
  • push reset button on roku
  • get a code to activate roku (cannot get a code to appear)

I have activated numerous Roku with my current email with no issues ever. Until now. Does anyone have any suggestions?  I really do not want to return this roku for another identical roku but I am at that place.  -So Frustrated

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Level 19

Re: Set up Roku Premiere

Try it again now.  A day or two ago they were having server problems and link emails were not going out.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Level 7

I moved into a new house and am trying to set up my roku premier on a tv.  It turns on and their is a Home Screen but I cannot navigate on the Home Screen or scroll down to set up.  It says No Connection.  Not sure how to proceed.

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Ndavisgirl 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing so we can get a better understanding of the issue?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos