Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Set up Guest mode on device in vacation home - accidentally unlinked the device

Jump to solution

I just installed a Roku at my vacation home during recent visit.  I've been monitoring guest usage for a short while, but accidentally un-linked the vacation home device from my Roku account.  Oops.  Can anyone recommend any way to re-link the vacation home device to my account from my remote location so I can continue to monitor?  Thanks in advance!

Diane

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Level 21

Re: Set up Guest mode on device in vacation home - accidentally unlinked the device

Jump to solution

I don't think that's possible.  I'm not sure what happens to a device that's unlinked; perhaps someone else has experience.  If you have another Roku I suppose you could experiment by unlinking it.  I would guess that you have to be able to physically run through the setup process again on the actual device to get it linked to a Roku account.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Level 21

Re: Set up Guest mode on device in vacation home - accidentally unlinked the device

Jump to solution

I don't think that's possible.  I'm not sure what happens to a device that's unlinked; perhaps someone else has experience.  If you have another Roku I suppose you could experiment by unlinking it.  I would guess that you have to be able to physically run through the setup process again on the actual device to get it linked to a Roku account.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Level 19

Jump to solution

^^^ I think that's right. I think you have to be physically present and do a Factory Reset in order to link to a Roku account.

If you get a good renter maybe you can talk them through it on the phone, but you'd have to give them the email address and password for your Roku account (which could always be changed afterward).

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos