Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

[Service Interruption] Activation interruption impacting Gmail accounts

Date: 2/15/22 Time: 7:05pm PT

The issue is resolved.  If you have not received an email from Roku during activation, please go through the activation process again on your Roku device to finish your activation. Thanks!

Date: 2/15/22 Time: 5:20pm PT

Roku is aware of an issue impacting new account creation, primarily affecting @Gmail.com email addresses. 

If you are creating a new account or trying to activate a new device using a Gmail email address, and you are unable to complete the activation process, you can try using an email from a different email provider or try again later.

You do not need to contact customer support.

We apologize for the inconvenience and are working quickly to resolve this service interruption. We appreciate your patience.

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.
4 REPLIES 4
jmalloy0

Re: [Service Interruption] Activation interruption impacting Gmail accounts

I hope we are not being charged for the days the service is interrupted. My account is a couple years old and I have a Gmail account, but im still unable to login. Any updates would be appreciated..

I just bought this Roku today to see what it was about and I’m ready to take it back to the store and return it ☹️

HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

There is no charge for a Roku account so you will not be charged whether it is working or not.

RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jmalloy0 and @Teiaunaervin1  We believe this issue is now resolved and was caused by an problem with an outage from AWS. You should be able to activate now. 

Roku accounts are free.

Thank you!

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.