Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Second Roku stick

Jump to solution

I have a Roku stick on one tv and it’s working well. I’d like to be able to access some services on another tv so if I buy another Roku stick would I have to use a different information to register the Roku stick such as email address, password and code # for a second Roku stick?
appreciate advice if anyone knows the answer.

thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Second Roku stick

Jump to solution

Just link your new stick to your existing account.  Your channels are attached to your account, not your individual devices, so once linked all the same channels as you have now should show up on the new stick, although they may show in a different order in the channel grid. 

IMPORTANT!  Note, when you are directed to go to roku.com/link to link your new device, type it in very carefully and verify that you actually do go there.  Otherwise you can end up at a scammer's fake Roku site.  If you end up at ANY non-roku.com site (other than the https://my.roku.com/link that you'll get redirected to), back out and try again.

If you wish, once your channels are downloaded and installed you can readjust the channel order one channel at a time by highlighting it, pressing the * key on the remote, and choosing the Move channel option.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Second Roku stick

Jump to solution

Just link your new stick to your existing account.  Your channels are attached to your account, not your individual devices, so once linked all the same channels as you have now should show up on the new stick, although they may show in a different order in the channel grid. 

IMPORTANT!  Note, when you are directed to go to roku.com/link to link your new device, type it in very carefully and verify that you actually do go there.  Otherwise you can end up at a scammer's fake Roku site.  If you end up at ANY non-roku.com site (other than the https://my.roku.com/link that you'll get redirected to), back out and try again.

If you wish, once your channels are downloaded and installed you can readjust the channel order one channel at a time by highlighting it, pressing the * key on the remote, and choosing the Move channel option.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos