Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Majek60
Level 7

Second Roku Added

Jump to solution

I have just added my second Roku device; Roku Express +.  I already have a Roku 3 with channels/app's added.

Is there a way to mesh the 2 so that I do not need to re-add all the channels/apps that I have on my Roku 3?

In other words does each device store it's own channels/apps?  It will be very cumbersome to add activation codes on over a dozen channels that have already been completed for the Roku 3.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Second Roku Added

Jump to solution

@Majek60 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If the Roku devices are linked to the same Roku account, then the channels will remain the same on all the devices as long as those devices are supported by those channels. Please be aware that you may need to authenticate your account credentials for channels (when applicable) if you are adding another device to your Roku account.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Majek60 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If the Roku devices are linked to the same Roku account, then the channels will remain the same on all the devices as long as those devices are supported by those channels. Please be aware that you may need to authenticate your account credentials for channels (when applicable) if you are adding another device to your Roku account.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Majek60
Level 7

Jump to solution

Both devices are linked to my account, however some channels are asking me to enter a code to activate on the new device that was already activated on the older Roku 3 device.

I was hoping that 1 activation for the account would be enough and not have to active all of the channels once again for the new Roku Express +.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Majek60 

Thanks for the follow up.

As stated in my previous post, some channels may require you to reauthenticate the channel to access content in order to ensure that you are a valid user when adding the channel to a new device.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Majek60
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks Danny,

Should I be able to see all of my channels ICON's on both devices without having to load them on each device separately?

Majek60

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Majek60 

Thanks for the follow up post.

All of the channels on your other Roku device will show up on your new Roku device (as long as those channels support that device). 

For more information about adding another Roku device to your account, visit our Support page here: How do I add a Roku® streaming device to my Roku account?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos