Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nikilet
Level 7

Search by genre

I have the roku streaming+ on my TV. At one point I had a list of genres from which I could search for movies. But however I brought it up, I can't get it back. How do I go about searching for a movie by the genre, rather than by title or author, etc.?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DBDukes
Level 9

Re: Search by genre

"Nikilet" wrote:
I have the roku streaming+ on my TV. At one point I had a list of genres from which I could search for movies. But however I brought it up, I can't get it back. How do I go about searching for a movie by the genre, rather than by title or author, etc.?

The last time you posted an issue, some questions were asked for clarification, and you did not respond. I'm going to ask some questions for clarification. It's really a good idea to respond to such questions for additional information.

Just as a note, there is no "Streaming+" device. There is a Roku Express+, a Roku Premiere+, and a Roku Stick+. So, providing good information regarding your device may be helpful. And, as asked on the other thread, include the model number, as there are multiple models for each of those device names.

To more directly address your query, were you searching within an app? Netflix, perhaps? Or were you searching from the Roku main menu? I suspect the former, but you would need to clarify that so we can assist.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos