Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rbm328
Level 7

SYNCING TWO DEVICES

we have two tv's in close proximity to each other.  is it possible to sync them so its them same on audio and video on both screens?
many times we'll have one show on while we move back and forth between the kitchen and living room.

thank you

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DBDukes
Level 9

Re: SYNCING TWO DEVICES

"rbm328" wrote:
we have two tv's in close proximity to each other.  is it possible to sync them so its them same on audio and video on both screens?
many times we'll have one show on while we move back and forth between the kitchen and living room.

thank you

Nope. The Roku devices don't communicate with anything except the server that's streaming content. It's no difference than one in your house and one in my house. They are completely independent devices. Same for other streaming devices, too.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 11

It WOULD be neat if Roku offered this.. Amazon offers multiroom audio on its Echo devices, but I'm guessing synced audio AND video is a lot tougher.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

All I can think of is an HDMI distribution box. Plug the Roku in as the source, then send the feeds out to multiple TVs. They should be sync'd extremely close that way. I've seen two of my TVs playing the same OTA station, and the sound and image are not perfectly sync'd. I think a distribution system is the only likely way to do it successfully. I see some fairly inexpensive boxes on Amazon with two HDMI out ports. As long as it isn't 4K, prices look reasonable. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos