Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mollylittlebird
Binge Watcher

Rokus not working after power outage

Sadly I have 3 different rokus and they all did this after a power outage. The signal strength is excellent and the roku will not connect. I have not found adequate help dealing with this issue for any of the 3 streamers I have and have given up and have thrown them away.  My best advice is to buy a Amazon firestick. They have good support and from what I have seen so far they do not have this issue.  I live in northern CA where power outages happen all the time and I do not see why I should have to deal with every roku I have bought do this all the time. I do not see why anyone should have to keep buying new rokus because their streamers do this and there is no help or support on how to fix this.  All of my rokus have gone in the trash.  I have a roku stream bar which handles power outages fine. But none of the other streams will connect to my wifi again after power outages.

3 REPLIES 3
mollylittlebird
Binge Watcher

Re: Rokus not working after power outage

I wish I had read this before I bought yet another roku streamer. This is the 3rd one I have bought that does this and yes there is no support from roku about this issue.  All 3 of my streamers are different models so it seems to be a roku problem.  I will never buy another roku again as I live in northern CA and we have frequent outages all the time. I cannot afford to keep buying a new roku every time the power goes out.  I recently bought a Amazon firestick and it does not do this. Amazon also provides support for their products whereas roku wants to blame us their customers for these issues or choose to ignore the problem altogether.  Don't waste your money buying any more roku like I did.  Just get another streamer from a different company that actually provides customer service.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@mollylittlebird 

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What specific Roku model devices are you using? How were you powering the Roku devices, were the devices plugged into the TV USB port, into the wall outlet, or through a surge protector?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I have the same issue, Power outage and Roku will not work. It’s a ROKU 3.

0 Kudos