Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Roku won't work on new LG

Jump to solution

Have a ROKU from maybe 5 yr ago.  don't know number.  Worked on smart tv.

got a new smart LG  tv, and it shows something plugged into the HDMI port, but says "no signal".  I've removed the batteries, unplugged/removed roku, replugged and still no signal.  can a ROKU go bad.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Roku won't work on new LG

Jump to solution

i have no idea.  it was the bottom of the line 5 or more years ago.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Level 12

Jump to solution

Have you tried a different HDMI port, or a different TV? Make sure it's not a TV issue.

Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

we think it acted up on old tv, but can't be sure cause comcast stopped working and they told us we had bad HDMI ports on tv which didn't make sense that they would all be bad.  

tv works on new tv but no roku,  yes i've tried a different port.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution

How is the roku powered, is it plugged into usb port on the tv or to wall outlet? If your roku uses a hdmi cable did try a different cable? 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

plugged into electric AND usb port on TV.  tried different tv, also laptops, nothing.  i think it's dead.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

Jump to solution

@BJane wrote:

plugged into electric AND usb port on TV.  tried different tv, also laptops, nothing.  i think it's dead.

Could you confirm the model Roku you have? I realize it's more difficult to determine if you can't see it on screen, but there should be a model number stamped into the case somewhere. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

Jump to solution

@BJane wrote:

If it's that old (or older) it's possible it has just failed. If your new TV is 4K capable, you would want a newer device anyway. The Premiere and the Stick+ are both 4K, and since the Stick is on sale they are both $39.99 right now. The Stick+ is a great deal, as it has the more advanced voice remote and better wireless performance compared to the Premiere. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos