Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BJane
Reel Rookie

Roku won't work on new LG

Jump to solution

Have a ROKU from maybe 5 yr ago.  don't know number.  Worked on smart tv.

got a new smart LG  tv, and it shows something plugged into the HDMI port, but says "no signal".  I've removed the batteries, unplugged/removed roku, replugged and still no signal.  can a ROKU go bad.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BJane
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku won't work on new LG

Jump to solution

i have no idea.  it was the bottom of the line 5 or more years ago.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
23 REPLIES 23
jeffrok
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Have you tried a different HDMI port, or a different TV? Make sure it's not a TV issue.

Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
BJane
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

we think it acted up on old tv, but can't be sure cause comcast stopped working and they told us we had bad HDMI ports on tv which didn't make sense that they would all be bad.  

tv works on new tv but no roku,  yes i've tried a different port.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

How is the roku powered, is it plugged into usb port on the tv or to wall outlet? If your roku uses a hdmi cable did try a different cable? 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
BJane
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

plugged into electric AND usb port on TV.  tried different tv, also laptops, nothing.  i think it's dead.

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@BJane wrote:

plugged into electric AND usb port on TV.  tried different tv, also laptops, nothing.  i think it's dead.

Could you confirm the model Roku you have? I realize it's more difficult to determine if you can't see it on screen, but there should be a model number stamped into the case somewhere. 

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
BJane
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@BJane wrote:

If it's that old (or older) it's possible it has just failed. If your new TV is 4K capable, you would want a newer device anyway. The Premiere and the Stick+ are both 4K, and since the Stick is on sale they are both $39.99 right now. The Stick+ is a great deal, as it has the more advanced voice remote and better wireless performance compared to the Premiere. 

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
jnosMT

Jump to solution

Same issue here, daily disconnecting and putting cables in and out. Here's our workaround. Turn on tv with LG remote. In settings, find Inputs. Choose the HDMI port you plugged the Roku is plugged into. Press home & your Roku channels should be there. Now we only use the Roku remote for our PBS Channel we can't get on the LG.

0 Kudos
Hockeemom

Jump to solution

I had this issue too. Roku works fine with old tv, but no signal with new LG 4K tv. I discovered that the Roku settings for Display Type was set to Auto Detect.  I set this to 1080p and it now works with the new tv just fine. (None of the 4K settings worked) I’ll upgrade the Roku one of these days, but I thought I’d post this here in case it helps anyone else.