Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku won't work on new LG

Jump to solution

My Ultra is connected to an LG Nano85 4K TV without an issue. In fact, I'm using it to watch YouTube right now. I also have a Premiere 3920 connected to a Samsung 4K TV and an Ultra 4640 on another Samsung 4K TV that works just fine. I don't use a 1080 Roku player anymore, as everything I'm using is 4K capable. My Express 4K+ is connected to a 720p TV. No problem with any of them. 

There should be no issue connecting any Roku to a 4K TV, regardless of model. Every Roku ever made, with one exception that didn't have an HDMI connection, supports at least 720p, which every 4K TV will display. If the Roku does not display on the TV, try power cycling the Roku and see if the dancing Roku logo on the boot screen appears. If you can't see that, either the Roku or the TV is defective. If you can try the Roku on a different TV, that may help isolate which item is the problem.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
ripansays
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My one is Roku streaming stick plus. Connected at HDMI port of TV [tried all 3 HDMI ports] & powered through adapter came with the Roku [for power, tried at TV USB ports too].

But whenever I try to connect at each HDMI ports, TV is always showing "No signal"

Roku power is ok &  the white light there is ON & the Roku remote's blue lightvis also ON. 

But on screen it's not showing anything except "No signal" 😥😥

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@ripansays  do you see the dancing Roku logo when you first power it up, and then lose the connection? Can you test the Roku on a different tv? 

Dan

0 Kudos
BadBurt
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Ultra compatibility with LG tv ?

Jump to solution

I have the same problem.  Roku Ultra not connecting to the LG Smart tv.  I was connecting with the Ethernet to bypass the Wi-Fi issues.  But the Roku will still not connect well.  I took the Roku unit to another house and it works fine to a old Sharp TV.

0 Kudos
BadBurt
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Ultra compatibility with LG tv ?

Jump to solution

UP Date - Got the Ultra to work by replacing the HMDI cable.

0 Kudos
ripansays
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My Roku is working fine on 2 Sony TV. But facing problem with this LG Smart 3d tv only.

BTW, this is webOS tv

0 Kudos
jdclaxton
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have been having somewhat of the same problem.  My Roku works on all of my other tvs (smart Samsung, smart Panasonic) It intermittently loads on the LG smart tv.  The Roku home screen will flash on the television but then goes blank and no matter how long you wait, the Roku home screen does not return.  I find I have to power off and back on the tv several times and eventually I can get it to work.  I haven't tried changing the cord but it works on the other tvs so I doubt that the cord is an issue.

0 Kudos
Happygal37

Re: Roku won't work on 2018 LG tv

Jump to solution

Two different roku express neither will connect to wireless network. Have done all troubleshooting many times. Yes, my password is good. All ports are good. Cables are good. It’s just incompatible with this tv. 😞

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@Happygal37 

If your Roku Express models are not 3960 models (Settings/System/About), then they will require a 2.4ghz band connection on your network.  If you have a cable ISP (Xfinity/Comcast, Cox, or AT&T), then you will need to verify that your Wireless Mode in your router is set to b/g/n in order for the Roku device to connect.

If the above is not applicable or you need more help, feel free to post an update.

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

atc98092

Jump to solution

@Happygal37 Connecting your Roku to your wifi has nothing to do with the brand of tv. The tv is in no way involved with the internet connection for the Roku. Follow the advice that @AvsGunnar  provided about your router settings. 

Dan

0 Kudos