Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sherre64
Reel Rookie

Roku won’t update because another Apple ID was used

When I setup my Roku I used an old Apple ID. That ID does not exist anymore. Since another Apple ID was used, it will not run any updates. How do I fix this issues?

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: Roku won’t update because another Apple ID was used

Apple ID? Are you speaking about your Roku email address on your Roku account? Or are you taking about AppleTV+ channel on your Roku? Can you please explain in detail what your speaking of. Your Apple ID has nothing to do with Roku 

0 Kudos
sherre64
Reel Rookie

It maybe my email. I’m not sure. When I set it up I used my old email and password. I’ve updated that info on Roku.com my account. When I try and run a update, I receive a error message that Roku will not update because other ID was used. 

0 Kudos
sherre64
Reel Rookie

I think my Roku channel is under Apple TV?  Very confused. 

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

The Roku channel has free content and has nothing to do with your Apple ID. Can you please provide complete details that exactly what the problem is you’re having. Thanks. 

if you’re speaking specifically about Apple TV on Roku and you’re trying to login with your Apple ID you need to take care of resetting your Apple ID on the Apple website. Your Apple ID has nothing to do with Roku

0 Kudos
sherre64
Reel Rookie

I have a iPhone. I have ATT WiFi and tv. All of my tvs have a Roku stick plugged into the USB port. My router is ATT. I put the Roku app on my then new iPhone 12pro max with a new Apple ID I created.  When I first set up Roku for my tvs, I had to put in a email and password. When I got the iPhone 12 Pro Max, I created a new Apple ID bc all of my stuff was hacked. But with that new Apple ID I could not get my contacts, photos, etc. so the ATT supervisor said I had to use my original Apple ID to get my info. ATT canceled that new Apple ID that I had created. I had that one when I set the Roku’s up. I had to go back to my original Apple ID. When I try to run the update for the Roku app it says I can’t update bc another Apple ID was used. That Apple ID does not exist anymore. How can I run a update on my iPhone Roku app when I keep getting that error msg?? 

0 Kudos
Meowzers02

Upon Google searching, it has brought me here. For the sake of humanity, I have added instructions on how to fix this..

You will have to remove the Apple TV app that is on your roku. Hover over Apple tv, press the star button on your remote and then select remove app. Now, go to add a channel and search for Apple tv. Add the Apple TV app. Open it, and it will ask you to provide a new email address.

0 Kudos