Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku won't show picture.

I've check the power cable. The light is lit up. I checked the hdmi cords. Still no picture says no signal on TV. Unplugged and plugged it back in. I even moved the hdmi around to other ports still nothing. We have had two of them do this. Both on different tvs but the other ones work fine. I moved the roku to the master bedroom tv and still nothing. Does this sound like we bought a faulty roku? Bought it yesterday. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 12

Re: Roku won't show picture.

If you bought several at once and some work and some don't it suggests a lemon or two, especially if they never worked (displayed any video/made sound etc on powerup) with any TV/HDMI port.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Got the Roku Premiere yesterday. Connected everything. No picture. Change hdmi cable. no picture. repeated every step again. no picture.

What can I do next?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

Assuming that you tried different HDMI ports and different HDMI cables, you could always try a factory reset, and barring that, return/exchange.

0 Kudos