Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Viless91
Level 7

Roku won't show picture.

I've check the power cable. The light is lit up. I checked the hdmi cords. Still no picture says no signal on TV. Unplugged and plugged it back in. I even moved the hdmi around to other ports still nothing. We have had two of them do this. Both on different tvs but the other ones work fine. I moved the roku to the master bedroom tv and still nothing. Does this sound like we bought a faulty roku? Bought it yesterday. 

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6\
StreamerUser
Level 20

Re: Roku won't show picture.

If you bought several at once and some work and some don't it suggests a lemon or two, especially if they never worked (displayed any video/made sound etc on powerup) with any TV/HDMI port.

0 Kudos
heinorohde
Level 7

Got the Roku Premiere yesterday. Connected everything. No picture. Change hdmi cable. no picture. repeated every step again. no picture.

What can I do next?

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

Assuming that you tried different HDMI ports and different HDMI cables, you could always try a factory reset, and barring that, return/exchange.

0 Kudos
waynwb
Level 7

roku has sound but no picture. tried different port but no picture.

0 Kudos
waynwb
Level 7

factory reset so how to do that.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@waynwb

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? Have you tried using another HDMI cable to connect to the TV (if the device connects though cable) as well as using another HDMI port on your TV to see if that resolves the issue you are experiencing?

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried plugging your device into another TV to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos