Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku won’t load

I initially set up my Roku Express and entered in WiFi information. It hasn’t worked since then! I only get a purple screen with ROKU on it, I can’t  even get to settings to factory reset. I’ve tried unplugging everything and using a paper clip to reset on the device itself but nothing has helped me get past this screen. Most of the time, the ROKU symbol is in motion but today it is still. When I tried calling Roku, they can’t help over the phone because I only have the Express. 

Any advice so I can actually use my Roku??? 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Roku won’t load

To properly perform a factory reset you have to hold in the button continuously for at least 30 seconds.  Ignore anything happening on the screen.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I tried multiple times, for up to a minute. Nothing happened it changed. Could it take longer than that ? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Jessica11285 

Thanks for the update.

If you are still unable to resolve your issue and cannot perform a factory reset on your device, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Highlighted
Level 7

@RokuDanny-R 

[personal information removed]

SN: S008297UKCP0

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Jessica11285 

Thanks providing me with that information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos