Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Natureman1

Roku won't launch several channels, while others work

Jump to solution

My Roku Premiere device worked fine at first, and I added several channels from the list.  But over the past few weeks, several of them won't launch, like Plex, Pluto, and others--while some still work, like PBS and YouTube.  I checked to see that I have the latest software for all these channels, and I do.  When not launching, the individual channel logo comes up, then just returns to the original screen (with all the channel choices) without opening.  

Any ideas?  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Natureman1

Re: Roku won't launch several channels, while others work

Jump to solution

I fixed it!  With your steering me to the setup and suggesting rebooting the device, I did just that.  I'd noticed previously that there's no button to shut it down, and I saw the "reboot device" option.  That in itself, without uninstalling/reinstalling programs, did the trick.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Which Roku Premiere is it? The model number will help: Settings > System > About

Also, what version of the Roku OS are you using? (same page)

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Natureman1

Jump to solution

Model # 3920X

Software 9.4.0 bio;d 4210-91 (is this the Roku OS?)

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

That is the most recent device known as Premiere, and 9.4 is the most widely-distributed OS. So that should definitely be working properly.

Let's pick an app -- say, Pluto TV -- and remove it. Then, reboot the device. Next, add the app again and see if it now works properly.

It's odd that the issue is occurring on such wide-ranging and unrelated apps. I'm not sure what else to try in your situation of this remove/reboot/reinstall doesn't work.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Natureman1

Jump to solution

I fixed it!  With your steering me to the setup and suggesting rebooting the device, I did just that.  I'd noticed previously that there's no button to shut it down, and I saw the "reboot device" option.  That in itself, without uninstalling/reinstalling programs, did the trick.

0 Kudos