Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MissBee
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku will not send activation link to my email

Jump to solution

A customer service person did contact me the same day. Still working on it.

0 Kudos
Piwohio
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have not gotten anything from them. I did reach out on Twitter and sent information to them when asked for model and serial number but nothing else. 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can’t activate new device

Jump to solution

Is your email address at gmail?  Some gmail users have reported that doing a search of their gmail account for Roku locates the Roku registration email that they cannot otherwise find.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Colleen22 @Mhood24

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to reach out and assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@MissBee

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device ? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MissBee
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Model 3920RW – Roku Premiere

SN: YH0093245969 (JF3049245969)

Software version: 10.5.0

Build: 4208-91

Issue ID: 69-148-209

0 Kudos
MissBee
Binge Watcher

Re: Can’t activate new device

Jump to solution

No I use windstream. I don't think I should have to use a certain email carrier though. It's odd to me that only gmail seems to work.

MissBee
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

SOLVED!!!

Update: I never heard back from the Roku tech support guy that was helping me yesterday, he was basically just asking me for more info... serial number, build, etc. HOWEVER, I solved the issue myself by creating a GMAIL email account and trying to use that. IT WORKED! The email from Roku came in seconds and I was able to set it up from there. Eureka! Roku, the issue seems to be on your end with Roku not sending the activation email to certain email providers. Please fix this issue because I know it has been very frustrating for me and many others. I should not have had to create a new email address with a different provider in order to activate my Roku device.

Piwohio
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Roku express 4K plus

s/n. S07P21AE9A07

0 Kudos
Piwohio
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

3941x