Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku told activation link error

Setting up a tcl roku smart tv made to setting up my account with Riki and then never received code to link tv. Have tried to factory rest as week as reset my internet gateway and still nothing. When I try to have activation email sent it now just give an error and say to return to device setup page and resend link. But there is no selection to resend link. Extremely frustrated and debating on returning this tv and going with another brand because looking online this is clearly an issues lots of people have and I have tried all the "fixes" recommended and still having th same problem help today or I'm returning this tv

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
ShibaDog

Re: Roku told activation link error

I have this issue with my activation link too, on my new Roku Express 4K Plus. Very frustrating. The instructions say to use the resend link button. Where? I go through the whole setup process again and it sends me another expired link. My other Roku’s are great but this is a piece of **bleep**. It’s not usable and no support. Way to go Roku. Piss off a loyal customer. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku told activation link error

@Jeanmagnuson @ShibaDog

Thanks for the posts. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

Can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos