Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku stuck on set up language screen and remote won't work

@dhb 

Thanks for the post.

Based on your post, we are not quite sure if the issue is with your remote or during your setup. 

If you are having remote issues, please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dhb
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku stuck on set up language screen and remote won't work

Interesting twist. After a factory reset didn't change anything on the 49S325, I decided to see what happened if I swapped remotes between the 49" and the 65". Surprise, it urns out our renters swapped the two Roku remotes, so while the one for the 49" worked with the 65", the reverse was not true. The remotes and TVs are now clearly so hopefully that won't happen again.  

0 Kudos
shonta1914

Re: Roku stuck on set up language screen and remote won't sync help

I have a Roku device model number 3930X and during setup, it gets stuck on the language choice screen as well. Changed out the batteries, pressed the reset on the back of the device it still gets stuck on the language choice screen. Please help!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@shonta1914

Thanks for the post.

If you are unable to resolve the issue you are experiencing, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
tmdoozer
Reel Rookie

My model number is 43H4030F3. I am having this exact issue. I've purchased multiple remotes and after no help from customer service after being on the line with them for hours now, my TV still won't work. I tried pairing a voice remote and using the remote that came with the TV, and neither remote will work to select a language. I will be returning this product if no fix is found and I will be purchasing from another brand.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@tmdoozer

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried contacting your Roku TV manufacturer support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
FrustratedNow
Reel Rookie

I purchased a ROKU streaming stick for our Family room TV and set-up was simple.  It is a Zenith TV, not a smart TV and the ROKU streaming/program works fine on this TV for several months.

I just purchased a second streaming stick, exactly the same product, ROKU Streaming Stick + that comes in the gray-colored box.  However, I cannot get that new ROKU remote to sync or work on the Bedroom TV where I am trying to install it.  I follow all install instructions and it gets hung up on the language screen, a number 3 comes up in a circle, and the remote will not sync.  I tried aiming it at the TV, directly at the stick, unplugging the TV, unplugging the remote receiver plug, pressing the little button inside the ROKU remote, removing and inserting several sets of fresh batteries in the new ROKU remote, etc.  The green light inside the new Bedroom TV ROKU remote blinks rapidly.  I notice that the other older Family room TV remote that works well has no green blinking light inside.

Can anyone help with this problem?  I see there are others who have the same problem.  Is it a defective remote?  It is brand new and should I return it, or can help be found? Thank you for your HELP

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@FrustratedNow

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: Fix your remote

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Harmsway

Re: Roku stuck on set up language screen and don't have a remote

0 Kudos
FrustratedNow
Reel Rookie

I have tried every single thing suggested.  I have an exact ROKU stick that works perfectly on another TV so I do know how to set it up.  So there is some defect in this new stick or the connectors or the remote.

The item not working is the Streaming Stick + in the gray box.
SN 213186232147
Only a few weeks old and has not worked from the get-go.

I cannot get past the language page.  It gets hung up there and nothing I do will get it to move.  It shows 03 in a circle. I have done everything asked, as described in my forum support post, such as shut-down, remove and reinsert batteries, unplug and replug, etc, etc.  ALL steps have been followed over and over, several times.

It is not the TV or the location, this ROKU stick must be defective in some part of it, whether it is the stick itself or the connectors.  I am using the stick in the TV's HDMI slot, also using the electric outlet adaptor plug to plug it into the wall electric outlet. I  also tried the other wi-fi way and still cannot get it to get past the language page where it hangs up.

I would appreciate any help that you can give.
0 Kudos