Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimglanz

Re: Roku stuck on set up language screen and remote won't work

I have the same problem. I get to the select language screen and the remote does not trigger ROKU to continue with the set up. I recently purchase the ROKU device at Wal~Mart. Could use your advice. Thanks.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@jimglanz 

Thanks for the note.

Which Roku model device do you have?

Depending on what model and remote type you have, we would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: 
How do I resolve problems with my Roku IR (infrared) remote?
How do I resolve problems with my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Trina_mack
Reel Rookie

A month after I posted this my other roku stop working as well. The remote not working so I have to be using my phone. Remote is definitely out of commission. I eventually bought a 2 new one cause I have 3 tv in my house. The same roku that was stuck to language screen still stuck I tried it back today thinking since I had plug it out for so long it would finally work. Unfortunately not.  Trying to pair remote as I put the batteries in the light start flashing I press the button to pair and nothing still haven't happen.  Remote 1 sku 3226000284 Remote 2 sku 3226000345 model for remote 1 and 2 is RC-AL2. FCC ID remote 1 and 2: TC2-RCB14

Streaming stick model 3810x. FCC ID: TC2-R1018. IC: 5959A-R1018. SN: C137AA336383

The piece that is connected the FCC ID AND IC NUMBER ARE THE SAME. MODEL: WROO1

PLEASE HELP I NEED THIS TO WORK NOW ITS ABOUT TIME

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Trina_mack 

Thanks for information.

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: How do I set up my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Trina_mack
Reel Rookie

What you sent me I've done that and still nothing.  

Whhorn

I have this same exact issue on a streaming stick + 3810. After turning it on from having been off for 7 months, the enhanced remote would control the tv but not the Roku stick. After resetting the stick and remote each/both, the stick only hangs at the pairing/3s screen.

I’ve read and tried all the non-responsive suggestions in the support articles repeatedly linked in these forums, tried a second enhanced remote to no avail while pairing remote 1 successfully to another Roku, and also turned off every Roku device and the Wi-Fi in my home through repeated resets  and pairing attempts with no change in the behavior or blocked point in the process.

I now have no way I can find of actually setting up the stick, please advise 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Trina_mack @Whhorn 

Thanks for the information.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Pok3

Hi @RokuDanny-R 

can I send you a pm as well as I am also experiencing the same issue with my roku streaming stick (model 3600CA) being stuck at remote pairing screen after resetting roku to repair the remote connection...

thank you

0 Kudos
bjernigan23
Reel Rookie

@MCR 

I finally called TCL customer support and they told me only one model of Roku remote works with our TV.  He told me which model I needed.  Got it ordered and sure enough, it worked!  Despite the newer Roku remotes stating they work with “all Roku TVs”, they don’t.

i suggest calling TCL customer service and tell them the issues you’re having and see if they can help.  Best of luck!

0 Kudos
dhb
Reel Rookie

Same problem with #49S325 TV and remote. Finally got it to recognize our wireless network, it immediately did an update, then stuck on the language screen. On/off is the only thing that works. Please advise

0 Kudos