Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Untamedartist
Level 7

Roku streaming stick+ setup help

I got a roku streaming stick plus and I can't have remote control. I need the hdmi cord but I can't find it anywhere also I want to watch regular TV  sometimes, I have an antenna and I don't know how to set it up to wear it goes to regular tv.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
mfgendron
Level 9

Re: Roku streaming stick+

Call where you bought it or Roku on FB messaging. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

You plug the stick into an HDMI port on your TV and use the TV remote to switch from antenna to the HDMI input and back.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@renojim wrote:

You plug the stick into an HDMI port on your TV and use the TV remote to switch from antenna to the HDMI input and back.

To expand on this reply:

The stick is equipped to plug directly into the HDMI port on the TV -- no connecting HDMI cable is required.

In the event your TV is not physically configured to allow this, Roku has a free short HDMI extension you can use to connect the stick to the TV.  This is also recommended in cases where signal leakage from the TV interferes with wifi reception by a Roku stick that close to the TV.  You can request one here: https://my.roku.com/hdmi. (This is for owners of Roku stick models only, verified by the serial number of your unit.)

There's nothing special about the Roku HDMU extension, it's just a short (4 inches or so) HDMI extension cord with an HDMI plug at one end and an HDMI socket at the other.  You may be able to find an HDMI extension locally and not have to wait for someone to ship it to you.

Doug
Roku Community Streaming Expert  I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."
0 Kudos
CindyTx
Level 7

I saw that someone said to plug the Roku streaming stick into the HDMI port. The HDMI port on my tv has something already plugged into it. Maybe it's my cable box. I had Roku working last week but this week I can't get it to work. I don't know why I can't get it to work. Not even sure what button I push. I pushed the red button and the tv remained on the channel I was watching and two lines of the guide appeared at the bottom of the screen. This is unusual. Usually it's at the top and there are more channels. Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@CindyTx

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing?

With more specific information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos