Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TwetenLE
Level 7

Roku streaming stick plus setup problems update loop restart

I am having this issue as well. Vizio TV.

It was hooking up fine until it had to run an update, now will not connect to Roku?

PLEASE FIND A FIX.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku streaming stick plus setup problems update loop restart

@TwetenLE 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? What exactly are you experiencing?

Have you tried performing a factory reset on the Roku device to see if that resolves the issue?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
TwetenLE
Level 7

Re: Roku streaming stick plus setup problems update loop restart

That's the issue. I ordered a new Roku because my one year old one stopped being recognized by my TV. I put the new Roku+ stick in, (all was great, felt like this was solving the issue) and singed into my account. The moment it said "perform update" and started, when completed, basically is not being found by my TV. I tried using different inputs in the TV. Put my TV back to factory default.

Had a friend come over with THEIR currently functioning Roku to hook to my TV, and it said the same. So. My assumption is that there's a glitch to NOT recognize VIZIO Smart TVs?? Because they're (the 3 sticks I have) working on other tasks when people perform the updates.

0 Kudos