Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku streaming stick —> Did I break it?

Hey guys I have the roku streaming stick and I’ve always moved it back and forth from one tv to another but I think during my move it may have gotten a little messed up. I have it plugged into the outlet as well as the streaming stick and I don’t remember the plug to the streaming stick part like even coming out. It’s plugged in both ends but the tv says there’s no source or like roku... do we think the streaming stick is broken / the thing that attached to the stick.. i tried posting a pic but it’s being weird 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Roku streaming stick —> Did I break it?

Yeah, I'd like to see a picture. I can't quite get the image of what you're describing. If the plug portion of the Stick came detached from the Stick, then yeah it's busted. But if everything looks intact, it might just be some dust or debris in either the TV port of the Stick connection. Take a close look for any dust bunnies in there. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Roku streaming stick —> Did I break it?

@Collmeleen wrote:

Hey guys I have the roku streaming stick and I’ve always moved it back and forth from one tv to another but I think during my move it may have gotten a little messed up. I have it plugged into the outlet as well as the streaming stick and I don’t remember the plug to the streaming stick part like even coming out. It’s plugged in both ends but the tv says there’s no source or like roku... do we think the streaming stick is broken / the thing that attached to the stick.. i tried posting a pic but it’s being weird 

This may not be the exact model of your stick but it should help with the terminology:

roku_connectors.jpg

HDMI is not removable.  It plugs into HDMI socket on TV.

USB is removable.  It goes to power source.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi