Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PS2

Roku streaming stick 4kHDR

Jump to solution

Hi I bought roku streaming stick alittle while ago and I am trying to put in slot in my tv for the memory stick ! It won’t go I. I need a adapter for it !  The was a quick start up guide with the box and it had a number code to get the adapter well I missed placed the guide and now to get a adapter to fit in the slot !  Where I do I go to get a adapter ?

thx

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku streaming stick 4kHDR

Jump to solution

Let's make sure you're trying to put it into an HDMI port and not a USB port.  Memory sticks go into a USB port; streaming devices go into an HDMI port.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

Let's make sure you're trying to put it into an HDMI port and not a USB port.  Memory sticks go into a USB port; streaming devices go into an HDMI port.

0 Kudos
NEWBIE63

Jump to solution

The streaming stick will not fit into the correct HDMI Port on the Vizio TV due to the configuration at the back of the TV...what do you do???? How can you make the ROKU FIT? 

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@NEWBIE63, you can request a free HDMI extender at https://my.roku.com/hdmi or just avoid the aggravation that that site so often causes people and order one for a few bucks and get it within a day or two.

Here's an example:
https://www.amazon.com/Extender-ELECPOW-Upgraded-Extension-Converter/dp/B08RJ74XL6/

0 Kudos