Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Roku stream player express powers off after and recycles to factory settings?

good evening all -

need help initiating my replacement Roku express stream player. It starts up fine, I select my language English, it then detects my WiFi, and lights up with three green checks.

The payer installs it software upgrade, then after it reaches 100%, it attempts to restart and the signal goes dead.

i have to re-power the Roku device, and the process repeats?!?

I’ve -factory rebooted, - changed TV,s - swapped HDMI cables to AV cables and nothing - does anyone have any recommendations? H E L P please 😩

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku stream player express powers off after and recycles to factory settings?

@Rdiazpipeline 

Thanks for the inquiry.

How are you powering the Roku device? Is it plugged into the TV USB port or is plugged into the wall outlet with the provided cable and adapter?

We would recommend rebooting your wireless router and trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to setup and update your device. Then once the device is setup, you can switch back to your home wireless network.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos