Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku stick not connecting with Sony tv

Hiya- I’ve searched here but not seeing same thing. So I gave my Roku stick to a friend (in Florida - I’m in Iowa), so we’re trying to work together long distance to get it up n running. 
     The stick & remote worked fine here,(she was on vacation) & I showed her how to run it. But... her tv will NOT acknowledge it. She’s got a Sony KDL - 40EX523TV. Oh, and I did update the stick but didn’t reset it, as she loved its setup and I already share subscriptions (Netflix etc) with her. I’m trying to get it going without resetting it completely, she’s handicapped and it’s hard for her to get around. AND  I just realized I don’t have stick info & texted her for that - will post it as soon as she reply’s.  

ANY Help appreciated!  Ty in advance.     

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku stick not connecting with Sony tv

@ShesAHippie 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried connect the Roku device into another HDMI port? How are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is the device plugged into a wall outlet with the provided cable and adapter?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos