Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku stick not connecting with Sony tv

Hiya- I’ve searched here but not seeing same thing. So I gave my Roku stick to a friend (in Florida - I’m in Iowa), so we’re trying to work together long distance to get it up n running. 
     The stick & remote worked fine here,(she was on vacation) & I showed her how to run it. But... her tv will NOT acknowledge it. She’s got a Sony KDL - 40EX523TV. Oh, and I did update the stick but didn’t reset it, as she loved its setup and I already share subscriptions (Netflix etc) with her. I’m trying to get it going without resetting it completely, she’s handicapped and it’s hard for her to get around. AND  I just realized I don’t have stick info & texted her for that - will post it as soon as she reply’s.  

ANY Help appreciated!  Ty in advance.     

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku stick not connecting with Sony tv

@ShesAHippie 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried connect the Roku device into another HDMI port? How are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is the device plugged into a wall outlet with the provided cable and adapter?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jancie

I didn't post the original inquiry, but I'm having the same problem. I inserted the roku stick into the back of my sony Bravia TV, and tried both with and without the wall plug in that came with the roku stick. It doesn't seem to be connecting with my tv. 

any suggestions?

Thank you!

Janice 

mamsr

I have had the same issue. However, if I turn my Sony off and on with the Roku remote several times, sometimes as many as a dozen or more times, it eventually connects.

0 Kudos
Scotresc

I am having the same problem connecting my roku controller to my Sony tv.  When i start the brand search, I get “no search results”.  Roku is plugged in directly to my tv via the HDMI cable that came with Roku Ultra.   Thanks

0 Kudos