Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RPS777
Level 7

Roku starts initializing then screen goes black

I have the Roku Premiere+. It has worked fine for 3 years. I haven’t watched it for a couple weeks but turned it on today and no home screen (TV screen is blue and says no signal but when I push the home button on the Roku remote I can hear the sound it makes). 
I have checked the internet signal and it is coming in, I unplugged the device And let it sit a minute will all plugs removed. Plugged everything back in and it started initializing With the bouncing Roku image then screen went black, then blue saying “no signal”. I have changed the HDMI cord and checked to make sure that cord works with another device. There is no reset button on the back of the Roku device. I feel like it’s the Roku device but I can’t get a home screen to come up so I can access settings. Oh, and with the blue screen showing I did the “push the home button 5 times, then up bottom once, rewind twice and fast forward twice” and it restarts the initializing but goes to black screen and back to blue screen with no signal.   Any thought? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
garybro44
Level 7

Re: Roku starts initializing then screen goes black

I feel your pain.  We are having basically the same issue.  The internet is fine, the TV is OK, but Roku won't come on.  Don't understand, we were watching Acorn through Roku last night and everything was good.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku starts initializing then screen goes black

@RPS777 @garybro44 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried using another HDMI port on the TV to see if that resolves the issue.

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connect the device to another TV to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos