Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NeilP1
Level 7

Roku's email link goes to a web page that has "encountered an unexpected problem"

I've attempted 7-8 times to get my Roku Ultra set up. All goes fine until the email is sent with the link for final set up. I click the link and it always takes me to a Roku page that says, "We've encountered and unexpected issue. Please try again later."  Well, I've tried with the same results. Is Roku down?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
Poterico2
Level 10

Re: Roku's email link goes to a web page that has "encountered an unexpected problem"

Hello Neilp1,

I am not sure if you have seen the video setup instructions, but I am sending a link. If you're still stuck after that, maybe you should talk to  

https://community.roku.com/t5/Getting-Started-Setup-How-to/Setup-Help-Getting-Started-with-Your-Roku...

0 Kudos
NeilP1
Level 7

Re: Roku's email link goes to a web page that has "encountered an unexpected problem"

Thanks for writing back so quickly; however, it would seem that the complete process is not exactly as the video infers.  I have no code to enter as now the process is that Roku sends an email with a web link. Supposedly, you click on the link and a web page is supposed to come up with the confirmation code that you're to enter into the Roku Ultra. Not so... the web page comes up with a notice that something has gone wrong.  When I go back and try it again, the same thing continues to happen. The link sent to my email just goes to the same Roku page that an "unexpected problem" has occurred.  I'm curious if Roku is having some internal webpage issues...

0 Kudos
NeilP1
Level 7

by the way, I've also attempted the live chat feature on Roku's service page. It's greyed out and doesn't work. hmmm....

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@NeilP1 

Thanks for the posts.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos