Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Williansr81
Level 7

Roku request activation every single time i turn on tv

I have a problem with my roku express, it requests configuration and activation every time I turn on the TV, it doesn't even remember my wifi settings, and I have to start from scratch every time, can anyone give me any advice?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Re: Roku request activation every single time i turn on tv

Make sure you're using the supplied power adapter.  You can try a factory reset, but I don't know if it would be any different than what it's already doing.

0 Kudos
Williansr81
Level 7

Yes, I am using the power supply that came in the box, I reset the roku to factory too, but it keep doing it. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

@Williansr81, that just sounds like a bad device.  If it's still under warranty you can try to go that route:  https://support.roku.com/article/208757058

If it's out of warranty, are you keeping it plugged in and powered at all times?  If it only happens when it restarts then leaving it connected to power at all times would at least cut down on the number of times you have to go through the setup.

0 Kudos
blktiger
Level 7

did you ever solve the problem ? i have the same issue and I just got mine .

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@blktiger

Thanks for the post.

How are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into a USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
blktiger
Level 7

it's plugged into a power strip which is plugged in to the wall socket.

0 Kudos
Williansr81
Level 7

Hi, It not only happens when restarting, if it has been idle and I start to interact with it, it also happens. Going through the warranty process is not an option for me, I am not in the United States and it would cost me more to send it to you than to throw it away and buy a new one. Yes, it is connected all the time to a UPS with the regulator supplied in the box. Is there any software solution that can remedy the situation?

Sometimes if I broadcast from the cell phone, let's say from the YouTube or Netflix application, I manage to save the situation, since even though the screen is requesting to select the language, the device is visible on the network with the name given in the last activation. but it doesn't always work, say 10% of the time.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@blktiger @Williansr81

Thanks for the posts.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to pass along the information to our Support team who can assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Williansr81
Level 7

Hi, below the requested data,

model:3930x - Roku Express

serial number: X00400NP4N81

software version: 9.4.0 compilacion 4210-AE