Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku remote worked for ten minutes and then stopped working. Replacing batteries does nothing.

I am unsure what kind of Roku device I have. The serial number is 7G268M409743. It connects to the television with an HDMI and is rectangular. I've had it for a while but never used it, now I am setting it up.

When I plug it into the TV I get stuck at the "select language page". I bought a Roku remote on Amazon, (This One) . The remote worked for about ten minutes and then died. When I replaced the batteries, it still didn't work. I tried to reset everything, nothing worked. I tried the Roku app, but because the Roku isn't connected to WiFi yet, I couldn't use it. Thoughts?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku remote worked for ten minutes and then stopped working. Replacing batteries does nothing.

Hi @betamaxforum

Thanks for the post.

It looks like you purchase a Roku Voice Remote, however, your device is a Roku Express (3700X) which is only compatible with a Roku Simple (standard IR) Remote. You can try returning the new remote to Amazon and/or try ordering on our website: Roku Accessories

I hope this helps!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos