Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmallen_53
Level 7

Roku premiere set up

Just bought a roku premiere stick.. upon start up I get the regular set up menu I select english, it connects to WiFi, goes to update software, completes update then it automatically restarts.. when restarting, it takes me all the way back to the beginning asking me to repeat the process and I cannot get past the set up or get into the actual roku menu to try and do anything manually. I have done soft and hard resets, changed power sources and cables. No luck.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku premiere set up

I've never had this problem [knock wood] but numerous others have reported success by:

Connecting to a different wifi network (at a friend or neighbor's, or a wifi hotspot on your mobile phone) and getting your Roku through the whole setup and update process.  When successfully completed you should be able to change the connection to your normal home network (Settings > Network > Set up connection) and enjoy normal operation.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.

Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Roku Streaming Stick 3600
0 Kudos