Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku on a second tv

Just installed a Roku "Premeire" box on my wife's Element"not smart" TV and it is working great.  Want to get our Roku account on our main "smart" Samsung TV but there is no builtin Roku app.  Am I correct in assuming that I have to install a second Roku device on the Samsung smart TV and if so what unit is recommended since it's a "smart TV.  Don't need anything fancy, just access to our Roku account.  Will on of the "sticks" work or should I just use another "Premiere" box.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku on a second tv

Hi,

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that The Roku Channel will only be available on select compatible Samsung Smart TVs. If your Samsung is not compatible, you would need to purchase a Roku device for that TV. For more information about The Roku Channel, visit our Support page here: How do I get The Roku® Channel?

We have a variety of Roku devices available that will work with you Samsung TV. For a detailed description and comparison of our Roku devices, visit our Support page here: Roku Streaming Players

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos