Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
F1zaidi
Level 8

Roku not working on my samsung smart tv

Jump to solution

I am using the roku streaming stick plus. I have a samsung smart tv. All goes well, connects to network does updates... but then goes back to lets get started..keeps doing that...  tried several times. Does not go the next step after updates

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
F1zaidi
Level 8

Re: Roku not working on my samsung smart tv

Jump to solution

Hi Danny

thank you for getting in touch. Actually doing the reset worked. I am enjoying my Roku now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Make sure you're using the supplied power adapter and not the TV's USB port for power.  If you're already doing that, try a factory reset.  Find the reset button (which may be behind a pinhole that will require a paperclip to depress) and press and hold it for at least 30 seconds while ignoring anything happening onscreen.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
F1zaidi
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thanks. I am using the power adapter. How do i reset the streaming stick. As mentioned i cannot do it through my TV. There is nothing after download is complete. Just roku symbol and then purple screen. Nothing appears

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Do you know the model number of the stick?  I don't know if it's written on it somewhere or it should be on the box if you still have it.  All the sticks I've seen either have a reset button along the edge or a pinhole somewhere to access the reset button.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@F1zaidi 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
F1zaidi
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hi Danny

thank you for getting in touch. Actually doing the reset worked. I am enjoying my Roku now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos