Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ktvbelle
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku needs to be setup every time I turn it on

This is happening to me with my Roku Streaming stick. I turn the TV Off and when I turn it back on I have to reenter my info as though I never set up the stick. It's plugged into the TV USB port.

mo5
Reel Rookie

I ended up fixing it by holding the reset button for 30 seconds. I had to set it up one last time but now it works as expected and I don't have to set it up every time I turn the TV on. 

ktvbelle
Reel Rookie

Thanks, I will try that!

0 Kudos
bttr-lcy-shdw
Reel Rookie

I'm having a similar issue. I've checked other threads related to the problem I'm experiencing, no luck so far. My TV doesn't have HDMI(ARC) or an optical port, but the streamer itself should work. Kinda getting annoying having to perform the setup every time I use it. Need help.

0 Kudos
bttr-lcy-shdw
Reel Rookie

Hi, I'm also experiencing this issue. I have a Roku Streambar. Every time the device is powered on or restarts, I see the "Let's Get Started" screen and must complete the linking and setup process all over again (including pairing to a wifi network, adjusting display settings, activating it with the link through email). Each time, I fully and successfully complete the setup process and am able to use the Roku normally - until the next time I want to use the Roku. Then I have to go through the setup process again. TV does not have HDMI ARC, or an optical audio port. I'm only using an HDMI cable.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@bttr-lcy-shdw, did you try the 30 second reset?  Find the reset button and with the power connected press and hold the button for no less than 30 seconds.  You'll have to go through the setup one more time, but hopefully that will be the last time.  If not, start exploring a warranty return.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
tattor6

Having same problem. 

Plug into Electric.

Model: 3920X

S/W:11.0.0 Build: 4193-91

Device:K4208E725924

S/N: YHOOE8725924

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @tattor6

Thanks for posting here in the Community!

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern? What do you mean by your Roku is plugged into electric? 

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Banigubs
Reel Rookie

Hi, I have the same issue.

-Roku device model: 3930X- Roku Express
-serial number: X004009LU1NE
-device ID: S00829ALU1NE
-software OS/version: 11.0.0 * BUILD 4193-AE

0 Kudos
Banigubs
Reel Rookie

By the way, im using usb that is connected to the power outlet. I tried now to hard reset by pressing the reset button beside the cords and now stuck on roku screensaver.

0 Kudos