Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fishbocker

Re: Roku load screen frozen

I cant do factory reset settings because my screen is frozen. None of the buttons work on the remote. I cant cursor or move the cursor to any other selection. The select feature doesnt work eithet

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Fishbocker

Thanks for the post.

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I am having the same issue! I connected to my wifi and the loading screen has been showing for 5 hours..

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@MinutemaidPulp

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? Can you provide a screenshot of what you are seeing so we can better understand? Have you tried performing a factory reset on your Roku device to see if you can set the device up again?

For more information about how to try to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ryandean
Reel Rookie

image.jpg

I seem to be having the same problem as everybody else. The screen will not load and clicking on the reset button or unplugging the device or holding on the reset button does not seem to fix the issue.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Ryandean

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? How are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet? In addition, when pressing and holding the reset button, are you making sure to hold down the button for at least 30 seconds regardless of what is happening on the screen?

Please keep us posted and we will continue to assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tyandbash
Reel Rookie

I am having same issue. While trying to turn off my Roku tv the screen went to espn (I was watching tv) and froze. I have tried resetting and just unplugging. It turns on with remote after that, goes to menu screen but then jumps to espn on its own and freezes. The TV is almost 1 1/2 years old. I’m sure it should last longer than that?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Do you have an ESPN button on your remote?  Take the batteries out of the remote and unplug the power and plug it back in.  Does it go right to ESPN?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Tyandbash
Reel Rookie

Yes I have a espn button. Yes I tried taking batteries out, I changed them too. I have unplugged it and when I turn it back I on (with remote) it goes to the menus screen for split second, then right to espn and freezes. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Tyandbash, I assumed if you unplugged the TV and plugged it back in it would power up, but i just tried it on mine and I still have to turn it on after I reconnect the power.  So... take the batteries out of the remote and leave them out.  We're trying to isolate whether the remote is the problem.  Use the power button on the TV to turn it on.  It's usually on the back or the bottom or right edge.  I'd be willing to bet your ESPN button is stuck.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos