Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VishuVij
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku load screen frozen

I have the same issue, tried factory reset multiple time but its stuck on Roku logo.  

0 Kudos
finn1
Reel Rookie

Re: Express stuck on loading screen

0 Kudos
sduda

I purchased a Roku express on August 7, 2020.  Last week, Sept 16, 2020 while I was scrolling through the menu, it bumped me out and took me to the Roku bouncing screen.  Now everytime I turn it on that is where it is.  Yesterday I tried unplugging everything and replugging it all back it, changed the remote batteries and then did a factory reset.  Nothing worked.  Can you help me?  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@VishuVij 

Thanks for the post.

When trying to perform a factory reset, please make sure to press and hold down the reset button for at least 30 seconds regardless of what is happening on the screen.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@finn1 @sduda 

Thanks for the posts.

If you have made sure to press and hold down the reset button for at least 30 seconds (regardless of what is happening on the screen) when trying to perform a factory reset and are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
VishuVij
Reel Rookie

@RokuDanny-R : I tried with reset button for least 30 seconds but still same issue. It restarts & again stuck on ROKU logo.

0 Kudos

Hi! I got the same issue.  I just purchased another Roku device.  While setting up this new device, the screen froze, specifically after connecting to the internet and "software update".  It just went all black. I also tried the hard reset, and got the same result.  I hope you could help me on this.  I can't just believe this since it all went well with the first device that I purchased.  Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Nye

Screen on a loop

I just got a roku express . My serial number is s008207xw80w. I was setting up my roku and it started updating after it “updated” the screen with the logo bouncing wouldn’t go away. I need help. I tried resetting rebooting and all with the remote and box. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@VishuVij @Pauline0325 

Thanks for the posts.

Couple of important things to touch on: How are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is the device plugged into a wall outlet with the provided cable and adapter? We would recommend the latter.

Secondly, we recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device. I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can update and finish setting up your Roku device. Then once your device has been setup, try switching back to your home wireless network.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
VishuVij
Reel Rookie

@RokuDanny-R I am using provided cable and adapter. I have restarted internet router but still same issue. I am unable to switch network as roku device is just stuck on logo screen & there is no option to switch network.

0 Kudos