Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku load screen frozen

@VishuVij 

Thanks for the information.

If you have already tried to factory reset your Roku device and are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Express stuck on loading screen

@Nye 

Thanks for the post.

Have you already tried performing a factory reset on your Roku device? For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MHetzel
Reel Rookie

I’m having the same issue, but I’ve already factory reset the device. Now I’m stuck on the bouncing logo

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@MHetzel 

Thanks for the inquiry.

How are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet with the provided cable and adapter? We highly recommend the latter. 

Please keep us posted and we will continue to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MHetzel
Reel Rookie

Plugged into the wall. I’m in a dorm as well, so I can’t just reset the college router. No option to change to a hotspot either. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@MHetzel 

Thanks for the post.

Just as a heads up, since you are in a dorm, will end up needing to use the Hotel & Dorm Feature in order to connect to your dorm wireless network. Please be aware that in order to use the Hotel & Dorm Feature, your device will need to have already been activated, so you will need to use an alternate network to activate and update your Roku device before being able to use your Roku device.

For more information about the Hotel & Dorm Feature on your Roku device, visit our Support page here: How do I use Hotel & Dorm Connect to connect to the internet?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
finn1
Reel Rookie

Hi danny

i have tried everything from changing power input, changing TV and factory resetting but nothing works, I’m still stuck with the same issue of it being stuck on the loading screen with a bouncing logo. The serial number is S010306UVPF5 and my email is [personal information removed]. Please help.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@finn1 

Thanks for the information.

For future reference, when providing personal information please send it through a PM as we highly recommend not posting personal information in a public area.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jamika25
Reel Rookie

I'm having issues with my Roku Express HD.  It will not load to my channels of choices.  It is stuck on the main page or keep bouncing to a channel that I am not subscribe to.  I have pushed the reset button several times, I have unplugged it from the outlet and changed the batteries.  There is no change regardless of what I do.  Please help!  I refuse to discard something that is relatively new.

Thanks in advance for your help!!!!!!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@jamika25 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Have you tried performing a factory reset on the Roku device? When trying to perform a factory reset, please make sure to hold down the reset button for at least 30 seconds regardless of what is happening on the screen.

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos