Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kp4
Reel Rookie

Roku load screen frozen

Despite many attempts at resetting, unplugging, and restarting my Roku Express and internet router the load screen remains frozen. Any solutions to this issue? Or is it time to toss this device and buy a new one?

0 Kudos
85 REPLIES 85
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku load screen frozen

@kp4 

Thanks for the note.

Can you please give us some more information regarding your issue. When are you getting a frozen screen? Are you trying to set up your device? What were you doing before your screen froze? Can you please provide us with a screenshot?

Please keep us posted and we will be able to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
C-Williams
Reel Rookie

I have the same issue. When I initially start up my Roku, I get the Roku home screen with the bubble loading at the bottom. The picture below is similar to my loading screen, but mine has a bubble at the bottom. After a few seconds, the screen does not load past this and is frozen so I am unable to get on the homepage to even attempt a factory reset. 

0 Kudos
Jillian23

We are attempting to set up ours and its stuck doing the same 

yjd

Spent 3 hours and 4 attempts and got same frozen screen when trying to set up. What is going on? Unable to set up.

ElleDee

I am having the same issue on this and another Roku device and then another just goes black.  They all stopped within weeks of each other.  Any resolution?  Mine constantly reboots then sticks at load screen, turns off and does the same thing over and over.  

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@C-Williams @Jillian23 @yjd 

Thanks for the note.

We would recommend trying to perform a factory reset on your device. 

For more information regarding how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please make sure to hold down the reset button for 30 seconds regardless of what is happening on the screen.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@ElleDee 

Thanks for the inquiry.

What Roku model devices are you using? How are you powering your devices? Are they plugged into the TV USB port or are they plugged into a wall outlet using the provided cables?

Please keep us posted and we will continue to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
C-Williams
Reel Rookie

Thank you for that information Danny. I have done a hard reset by pushing in the hard button on multiple occasions and receive the same result each time, the screen freezes.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@C-Williams 

Thanks for the information.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos