Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku is on- but wont show on my TV

My Roku when I first purchased worked fine! But for the last year or so it is not connecting to my TV. 

I know that the Roku is ON because the light is on on the front of it, but when i look for it in "sources" on my TV, it doesn't show up. It's really hit or miss (it worked for a week last week and now back to not showing up out of nowhere).

Roku Premiere (4620 series) 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Roku is on- but wont show on my TV

Have you tried a different HDMI cable? That really sounds like a defective cable. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I tried a different HDMI cable right after posting this - still no luck. Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

OK. The next steps are to rule out specific issues. If your TV has an empty HDMI jack, try the Roku in that one. Power off the Roku before you switch the cable to ensure it handshakes correctly in the new port.

If it still fails, it's looking more like a Roku failure. The best way to test that is to try it on a different TV, if at all possible. If it works on the other TV, then the Roku is fine and it's a TV issue. If it still doesn't work, then it's pretty well determined to be a Roku failure. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
Highlighted
Level 7

Ahh Good idea on trying on a different TV to see if it's the Roku! 

The firestick works fine in the same TV and in both HDMI ports. 

0 Kudos