Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zlady
Level 7

Roku home screen will not come up. Lights on the box but it won't show the start up

My roku has been cutting on and off in the middle.of shows on its own. I have unplugged and replugged it and usually it come on but today nothing happened. I have tried changing hdmi cords and that's not the issue lights on box is on its just not showing anything. My television seen when I switch ports and cords with the hdmi and it's still saying not signal. Which all in all means it isn't seeing my roku. What should I do?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku home screen will not come up. Lights on the box but it won't show the start up

Hi @Zlady,

Thanks for posting here in the Community!

For us to isolate your issue, it would be very helpful if you could answer the following questions.

1. Have you checked if your TV is on the correct input/source to where your Roku device is plugged in?
  2. Is your Roku player powered by connecting to the USB port at the back of the TV or to a wall outlet?
  3. Please provide us the model and the serial number of your Roku. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself.

In addition, we suggest you try using your Roku to a different TV and see if you will still experience the issue. 

Please keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

0 Kudos