Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
boggskl6050
Reel Rookie

Roku gets stuck on language choices.

Roku gets stuck on language choices. Can't go anywhere except off from there every time I get that far. I am connected to internet and Roku is listed in menu, so when I choose it, the TV goes directly to the language choice page and gets stuck.

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku gets stuck on language choices.

If you see roku listed in local networks its only the roku remote communicating with roku device, it is useless to you, you can't get internet from it and that isn't the way to tune in the roku. 

You need a real roku remote to get past the language screen, then you need to enter your internet network name and password. Only then get you link your roku to your account. If the roku accepts IR remotes then a cheap universal remote would do, if it is a stick, you will need a roku wifi voice remote. If its a purple roku stick, you're out of luck there are NO remotes available, EVER!! 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
boggskl6050
Reel Rookie

I got a roku special unit with remote and it did accept my internet?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@boggskl6050 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify what Roku model device you are using? How are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet with the provide cable and adapter?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Melwest89

Roku keeps restarting

Im trying to setup my roku. It comes on for me to select language and when I select English it starts over. I dont know what to do.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku keeps restarting

@Melwest89 

Thanks for the inquiry.

First off, how are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is the device plugged into a wall outlet? We would recommend the latter.

In addition, I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can finish updating the device and finish setting up your Roku. Then once your device is setup, try switching back to your home wireless network.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Steda

All you have to do is "reset" your ROKU device.  

It's the little pin on the back.  Press it in and hold for about ten sec's.  

0 Kudos
Bobagee

Nope, that did not work for me.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Bobagee

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos